January 9, 2011

Chocolate milk


While Kidlet was eating her bedtime snack, I made a glass of chocolate milk. It was a new kind that a dear friend gave me for Christmas. I was on the other side of the room, but she noticed me.

P: What are you doing mom?
Me: Oh, not much sweetie. Would you like some milk?

So I got her milk and ditched the spoon so my glass looked like just milk, too. I took it to daddy to try. He wasn’t thinking too much….

Me: Try this
Daddy: Hey that’s pretty good, it’s kind of like normal chocolate milk, but…..

Error noted. I glance at Kidlet, maybe she didn’t notice.

P: Chocolate milk?
Me: Mommy and daddy are just talking about something, Eat your snack
P: Where’s chocolate milk?
Me: Don’t worry about it sweetie, we’re just talking.
P: ::very seriously. Calm. Slow. Not so much a question, as a statement::::
Mommy, do you have chocolate milk?

D: ::::hysterical:::::
Me: :::turning away laughing::::
P: :::::waiting silently:::::
Me: :::::turn back to P::::::
P: :::::Holds my gaze without a word::::
Me: :::::hands P the cup of chocolate milk:::::

Boy was she ever pleased with herself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment